Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Revisiting First Blog Post

Analysis: I still think the purpose of the video was to create a celebrity filled fantasy that many Americans want to connect with. I do note now that the people in this video were very carefully selected. From the mix of race to the style of clothing, it is trying to capture a broad range of viewers. Also, how the carry themselves and who emerges in leadership roles within the commercial are also something carefully planned, something I did not consider at the start of the video. Audience: I still think the primary intended audience for this video is middle aged men of middle and upper class who engage in drinking recreationally. However, I do not think it was just about reaching the middle age middle class folks who drink. Rather, I think this is appealing to everyone who buys a lottery ticket or fantasizes about wealth. Even if you are from a poor socioeconomic class, perhaps purchasing this vodka will give you an “escape” into this reality. I realize now this commercial does reach a much broader audience even if one audience remains its primary focus. Representation: I still believe the people in this video are portrayed as elegant and sophisticated. I think it is trying to capture how we think we would act or what we think we would do if had wealth and fame. Design: Earlier I talked about the idea of capturing fantasy. The images and progression of images in this commercial are carefully selected how the move across the screen and what the focus is of each frame of the commercial. It is clear that they not only wanted to appeal to men but perhaps certain women as well. Its design is targeted in its attempt draw the viewer in to specific images of wealth.

No comments:

Post a Comment