Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Blog Post Add Design page 221


This was an interesting excercise because of its progression. Moving from using black and white only to infusing more colors and finally adding a background showed nicely how a graphic design can or may develop. It makes me think of the "thought process" associated with design. Do I start with the image first? Do I start with the saying first becasue this may impact the type of image choice? Or, do I start with colors that I feel represent the company, message, etc.? I feel like how I start a design is going to greatly impact how it looks in the end. I know this sounds obvious but I wonder what the great designers start with? Perhaps it doesn't matter becasue it is fluid in nature. The image chosen may be completely changed by the end if font and colors work their way into the project and there becomes no "flow" or focal points get thrown off, for example. It's like writing, what do I think about before the pencil hits the paper or my fingers hit the keyboard. It is interesitng to think about the mental aspect of design. Progression projects like these I think help develop the mental process for design development.

No comments:

Post a Comment